Visiting our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information, we will capture and store some information about your visit. This information will not identify you, it relates to:
- the internet domain (such as www.wearephlo.com) and IP address from which you access the website;
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox etc) and operating system you use (Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux);
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit;
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
What do we use the information for?
We use this information to make each visit more rewarding and to provide us with information to help improve our service. We do not know the identities of people who visit our marketing website. You can view the cookies we set at the end of this document.
Embedded content and managing cookies
On some pages we embed video such as YouTube or provide links to popular social media sites such as Twitter and LinkedIn. These services may set cookies on your device. These cookies are called ‘third party cookies’ and are beyond the control of Phlo Technologies.
When you navigate to another site, we advise that you read the privacy notice relating to that website.
Cookies we use
We use different categories of cookies according to need. They are managed using our cookie consent management system. If you consent to accepting cookies, they fall into one of the following categories:
- Necessary cookies.
- These cookies enable basic functions like page navigation, web chat and access to secure areas of the website. These cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Preference cookies (e.g. for storing your site preferences, tracking A/B test results, personalizing our website for you).
- These cookies remember information that changes the way our website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. They enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personalised experience on our site based on your previous visits and selections. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Statistics cookies (used for data analytics and interaction measurements).
- These cookies let us understand how , when and from where visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information to measurement systems. They allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Marketing cookies (for marketing and customer engagement activities).
- Marketing cookies enable personalised content to be displayed based on the characteristics of individual visitors. This can include visitor characteristics such as where they are coming from, what content they have seen, and frequently visited document types. These cookies may be set through our site by our marketing partners. They can be used and shared by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. This is based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media and third party cookies.
- These cookies are required by third party applications such as Workable, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube when you visit their sites from ours. These cookies may be set through our site by our business partners. These third party cookies are beyond the control of Phlo Technologies. When you navigate to another site from our sites, we advise that you read the privacy notice relating to that website.